Monday 10 February 2014

Re-naming "Two for Tuesdays"

Now that I had a theme to aim towards, I then started looking at renaming Dominos existing title for their offer they wish to re-invigorate and that was "Two for Tuesdays". Now, I didn't just want to merely change the name for the sake of doing so. I wanted any new names I came up with to have a solid reason behind it and notable improvement to the brand as a whole. So I set about brainstorming in my sketchbook:


This is the brainstorm page in my sketchbook. As you can see an idea quickly came to me. The idea of "Twoday". I really liked this as it was short and succinct yet fully explained the entire offer in one word. With a little surrounding information that would exist for a couple of months there is the possibility to build up a strong enough brand so that in the near future you could potentially just have the word "Twoday" and people would instantly associate it with Dominos "Two for Tuesday" offer. After having already settled on a Hollywood movie poster style I also then surrounded it with something that I felt was a very natural fit. "Twoday is a Good Day". I can almost hear it now being shouted by an action movie star or evil villain at a climactic crescendo in a smash hit Hollywood block buster. I really think that it fits in really nicely and can be used in a very successful manor within the designs I am envisioning. Also with some early preliminary tests I found that the slogan looked really good in Dominos brand font of "Trade Gothic Condensed No. 20".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive