Monday 10 February 2014

Deciding Upon a Theme

Now this was an almost instantaneous process. As I mentioned previously when looking at this brief ideas already began to manifest themselves in my head. One of those ideas (intact the only one that actually stuck around in there) was the one to create a series of faux movie posters for fake Hollywood films that actually promoted my interpretation of Dominos "Two for Tuesdays" offer in a clear straight forward, simple design accessible for all ages (particularly the age range Dominos identified in their brief as a target audience and even more particularly students within that age range).

The reason I chose to do movie posters is because when reading through the branding guidelines supplied by Dominos Pizza in their project pack it became clear to me that they were quite patriotic. Proud to have their roots firmly planted in America and that this was an aspect of their company that they were keen to keep prevalent in their designs and marketing in general. This is what kicked off the brainstorming in my head. I immediately tried to think of American traditions and ideals that could be transferred over to a marketing and advertising standpoint. What sprung to mind quite quickly and vigorously was the idea of Hollywood. The film industry has to be one of America's biggest imports to culture around the world and something totally synonymous with the country. This is what lead to the solidification of my idea. I also thought that with the art style I have been learning and refining over these two years at university I could put an interesting, eye-catching spin on that idea and create something unique and engaging.

I want to create three posters as a minimum to get my idea across through a variety of styles and genres. That way I can more completely show how I envision the design being used. The genres I am considering at the moment are Action/Adventure, Sci-fi and Super Hero. Those are all varied enough to warrant completely different graphical approaches and yet will all work with the general style and over-view I am working towards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive