Monday 10 February 2014

Crit

After pitch I had learnt my lesson and I wanted to have as finished work as I could have had. Although in my previous post I said I had some changes I wanted to make it was good to be able to explain them and have the class fill me in on ways to possibly improve it more. Here are the posters once again and beneath them some of the feedback I got from the class:


This poster along with all of them was really well received which was great. The only criticism people had with it was that the text stood out like a sore thumb when compared with the text in the other two designs. This was something I had already identified however, and I have already formulated a plan to get it to fit in better.Other than that they really liked the colour, typography, composition, art style and wording so I was really happy with all of that and I had something certain to work on.


Now with this one there was something I forgot to mention in my previous post. Something quite major. The wording at the top. I realised in my other designs I hadn't actually mentioned that the offer took place on a tuesday at all and as a result essentially failed the brief. This was something I put in literally the day before crit just to show that I had acknowledged what it was a shortcoming and this was basically placeholder text as I wasn't 100% on the wording of it. With the classes help though I quickly found something that I was happy with. Other than that I got the impression this was a big hit with them. It was one of my favourites too with the lighting effects I utilised in the tractor beam and so that was great to hear.


This design was popular too. This one (apart from the wording at the top) was probably what I deemed in my head to be the most complete. There are a few minor changes I wish to see on it however, for the most part it's finished. The class really liked the difference this one brought to the table and saw how varied my design could be. That was exactly the purpose I wanted this poster to serve and so that was awesome.

Overall crit was hugely helpful and definitely gave be clarity in the tweaks I wished to make and helped solidify my direction yet more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive