Monday 10 February 2014

Post Crit Changes

One of the biggest issues I noticed after crit was that my A1 work wasn't actually A1. I don't know how I'd done it but I'd accidentally made them all too narrow. This was a quick fix and I was able to adjust it swiftly with a bit of re-arrangement. After that however it was time to get to work on the changes I had identified. The first was the wording. It used to say "Two Pizza's for the Price of One? Twoday is a Good Day". Then for crit I changed it to "Two for One Pizza's on a Tuesday? Twoday is a Good Day" although I felt that the wording on that was clunky and didn't flow off the tongue properly. So after some help from the class and some brainstorming at home I came up with "Two for One Pizza's Every Tuesday? Twoday is a Good Day". This works a lot better it sounds better and the change from "On a tuesday" to "Every Tuesday" makes a world of difference. It re-enforces the brand and also makes more sense grammatically.

Then contextual wording. As I mentioned in my last post the way the flog an looked in my cowboy design and in the flying saucer design could have been improved. And after fixing the size that was the first thing I did. I really worked hard on making the slogans fit into the world I had created for them and making them blend in a little bit. I am really happy with how they turned out. I love the look of them now and think that they add a really solid amount of detail and finesse to the final designs. Here is an example with the changed look to the slogan for my cowboy design:


As you can see the added detail and colouring really helps to make it pop and I think just adds something to the slogan itself. It shows a lot more effort and a lot more time and as a whole adds validity and aesthetic joy to the design it's situated within.

These were the more major changes that took place on all of my designs. I will show the finished designs in my next blog post and comment on the subtleties that I included to really make each one pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive