Wednesday 11 December 2013

Promo


This is the promo I created for the Vibrolux 3000 app. I am very happy with how it turned out. It is humourous, unexpected, eye-catching and engaging. I think it is also clear what it is advertising without showing it to a cliché amount and loosing interest. After seeing this advert I thick viewers would venture onto the app store just to see more and that is entirely the point of the promo as stated in the brief. The promo is a short video to attract attention towards the app and I think that is exactly what the promo I have created does. It has all you need to know without going overboard.

This is the teleportation effect that I alluded to earlier with a previous blog post. It is merely my rotoscoped out and shrunk with my iPhone being rotoscoped out swell and placed in front of the layer of me. I think it is a very successful illusion. It all happens so quick you can't see the little discrepancies and errors as they are only a frame or two long. And I think that the sound effects do a huge amount to add to the success of the effect. They elongate it and give it a sense of physicality and depth. They almost fool the eye into thinking more is going on than there actually is because the teleportation effect itself is only about 6 frames long but the sound effect tricks the eye into thinking that more is happening. I also think that the phone being dropped really makes the shot work. I was going to leave that out as I thought it would prove too difficult to pull of convincingly however, I am so glad I included it. It really helps to bring the whole effect together and give it a solid ending and humourous conclusion. 

The promo also promotes the company upon which the app was inspired and points the viewer towards the market place through which the app can be purchased or viewed. I think with the time constraints in place simplicity was the only way to go with this promo and I think that that's why mine is successful it tells a full story within the 15 seconds and promotes an app. All in all I am very pleased with how it came out and think that it works a million times better than the previous idea I had sketched out in my sketchbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive