Wednesday 11 December 2013

Evaluation

Well another project has come to an end and I am really happy with how this one turned out. After Effects is one of my favourite tools and through this course I keep having to use it with scenarios I haven't experienced before. I feel as though the promo and visualisations are some of the strongest video work I have produced for this course and I am proud of the outcome.

I think that everything fits the brief well swell. The visualisations clearly show how to use the app and demonstrate the various features and options it possesses. This is achieved through a number of inclusions. First is the simple setting and showcase of the app. Having an iPad/iPhone fill the screen on a black background focusses the eye onto the app itself and also highlights the text which appears along the right hand side of the devices. The text also helps to solidify the actions taking place and explain key features that may have otherwise been unclear or missed. Lastly the hand instead of red dots make for a very personal, human, professional touch that I think really makes the whole thing more easily understandable, relatable and clear.

The promo fits the brief because, although it is only 15 seconds, it tells a story, shows that it is advertising an app and shows of the premise for the app. It is leaves enough up to the imagination to warrant exploration and curiosity whilst still showing enough to make it not confusing to the viewer as to what was just advertised. I also think that it is engaging, humourous and quick which will grab the viewers attention and make them want to go to the app store to see what this app is all about. And at the end of the day that is exactly what the promo is supposed to do. Not promote and advertise the brand as much as it is supposed to advertise the app and attract an audience to check it out.

The app as a whole works as well within the Jack Daniel's brand. The inclusion of colour is justified by it being a tint of colour over a black and white image as a posed to being a colour photograph or colour video. The vintage instruction manual theme gives it grounding, ties it into the era of Jack Daniel's and looks appealing. The app is made to look aged and rustic and that ties into Jack Daniel's history and heritage that it is so proud of whilst also looking worn in and inviting to users. It makes the app a little quirky and interesting and also makes the menus clear and easy to navigate. It is very simple and easy to use and as a whole just works and really lends itself to the iPhone/iPad platform with multi-touch gestures and theme.

All in all this project was a success I think and I am very happy and proud of the work that I have produced. I think that it all fits the brief fully and that each product does the job it is supposed to do very well. I am a music lover myself and if this app came out I would definitely buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive