Wednesday 6 November 2013

Evaluation of AF201

All in all this unit has been a blast. As I have previously mentioned I had never used After Effects to create an animation made entirely out of still assets and I have definitely learnt a lot about how to do that successfully. I feel as though I have learnt a lot about typography, Illustrator and Cinema 4D as well. 

I have also learnt that limitations are sometimes a good thing. Limiting the movement of the machine, the character's screen time and the movement of the camera made for a very elegant, sophisticated soft feel that works really well with the message I was trying to get across and with the brief.

The brief specifies that you need to not have an accusing or threatening tone to your animation and I feel the combination of the voice over and style makes for an animation that straddles the line between serious and informal very well. I also think the graphic I created for the end really encapsulates that as well. It is impactful and eye catching, with quite a serious message yet it is friendly, soft, cartoony and playful. That was my overall goal with this animation and I feel as though I achieved it well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive