Wednesday 6 November 2013

Crit & Changes


This is the animation I showed for class crit. I am happy with how it came out hover, it was not completely finished. Almost all the details were there it just needed some polish and refinement. Some of it I saw and some the group pointed out.

Change #1: Typography

The main thing that the group pointed out was the text. They weren't sure of it. They thought it was a bit out of the blue and flamboyant in a design that didn't really encapsulate any of those elements in such a brash fashion before hand. It seemed somewhat isolated too and half way between two points. I agree with that it is a little garish however, it was meant to be eye catching. None the less I set about changing the typography and the positioning to create something a little more modern and sleek to fit with the design. This is what I came up with:




These screenshots are in sequential order of how the typography changes through time in both colour and position. I thought that this looked really nice. It was clean, slick, sophisticated and modern. It does lack punch and weight however.

Change #2: Seating

The next aspect raised by the teacher was the inclusion of a chair and character. This is something I was contemplating before but was unsure as to whether it would be a wise venture. However, I gave it a go. I again turned to Turbosquid for a model of a chair which I textured to be leather and then created some assets for a character to be seated upon the chair:

The Chair:


The Character:




The Final Product:



I think it all looks far better and gives infinitely more grounding to the beginning portion and end of the animation as a whole. I am very glad I incorporated the chair.

Change #3: The Intro

I again changed what is played on the TV during the intro as I thought someone getting their arm bitten into and spewing blood isn't what would be deemed acceptable on prime time TV. I instead again added grounding by creating a fake music channel and putting one of my guitar covers I post to YouTube (yes I make guitar covers on YouTube in my spare time) into it and I think it works a lot better:



Change #4: Miscellaneous 

This isn't so much a big change as it is little tweaks. I made the money fly in faster so that it looked more realistic, sped parts up, moved audio around the usual perfectionist things I end every project with really!

And here is the new and improved version:


I am really happy with this and I think the addition of the sofa and the few other minor tweaks really bring it together as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive