Saturday 7 June 2014

Personal Identity

With editing the showreel I wanted to create some graphics and elements that I could use within it that would become a kind of brand identity. A simple logo and colour scheme and so on. As is well established at this point. My key trait in design is simplicity and cleanliness. I like simple, geometric design with little going on. Just getting across what is necessary. With that in mind I created a very simple logo:




This is about as simple as it gets. It is merely my name with my two favourite parts of digital media above it. The two things I wish to showcase. This works really well in video as it is sleek and elegant and also because of these two traits it is very well suited to a wide variety of other uses. Business cards, fliers, websites the lot. Obviously the "video & design" isn't essential and just the name would work on it's own. This is what it looks over the first shot in my showreel as it stands at the moment:


It looks really elegant and sleek. I like the unnatural look the serif font has in video. You would usually see a sans-serif font to title a video but I think that the serif creates a visually arresting style. The fact that no motion is applied to the text also helps to retain it's readability.

As for a colour scheme to go with the identity, I wanted to go with something professional, clean and modern. For those reasons I decided to go with a monochrome scheme. Sticking mainly to Greyscale colours and one primary colour. The colours will predominantly be white with very light greys and a mid to dark grey to compliment/act as font colour. The red will be bright and vibrant leaning towards pastel slightly and remain uniform throughout my designs. It can act as a highlighter or just to add interest and flare to say a webpage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive