Wednesday 26 March 2014

Contact With the Client

The vast majority seem to be having problems with contacting their clients. This seems to have had a fairly drastic effect on their work and attitude towards the project as a whole. I must be lucky as my client has been in almost constant contact with me. This has been great as I can move on swiftly with my designs. I can send him ideas and mock ups and have a reply later that day or first thing the next day. 

Speaking of which this is a log of the contact I have had with him so far:


To start with I was sent an email which contained links to a variety of shows that they have produced on Latest Sport. This allowed me to get a flavour of Latest Sport. I could see the general tone and get a feel for how my idents should be. The tone I got was a fairly professional one yet they didn't mind being a little bit informal. I felt it was a nice balance and something to aim for with my designs. I could make them slick and professional yet still have hints of cheekiness and informality. I then emailed back commenting on the samples he sent then explaining my idea and showing my early mock ups. 


Here is a better look at the mock up I sent:


I wanted to get across the idea I had in as much detail as possible because then it would allow me to get on with designing more or less immediately as all the variables would have been mentioned. After this was sent I received an email back from the clients.


This email showed that my idea of a white environment with important aspect being highlighted in blue was definitely a good idea to pursue. However, the examples I sent didn't represent my idea clearly enough. I sent examples to illustrate the idea of rotoscoping not to reflect my design intentions and so they just wanted to clarify that I was going down a clean, modern route. Which I confirmed I was.

The emails progressed further. I shall discuss how they shaped my designs in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive