Wednesday 6 November 2013

Pitch


The pitch went off, almost, without a hitch! Everything I detailed was looked upon favourably by the class. It was a great time to justify my choices. Everything is under scrutiny and there needs to be a good reason behind every choice from font to sound design. I felt as though I justified everything to a good extent and every choice seemed to be applicable and make sense.

There was however, one detail that the class highlighted. That was the character in my animation. The class, and the teacher, thought that the character was too innocent and happy. You feel sorry for and empathise with the character who is advocating the exact opposite of the adverts intention. There were a few solutions to this I had immediately thought of. The first was to make him look more evil with a cape, top hat, monocle, cane, moustache etc. I also thought of giving him a voice and dialogue to express evil intent. However, Both of those option I think were too complicated and time consuming. Lip syncing and complicated re-drawing are something that is difficult and I think in the time constraints my time would be better used changing the subject somewhat and focussing on another design or storyline.

I then came up with a machine. A faceless box that would be doing wrong and then be shut off by the TV turning off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive