Thursday 23 May 2013

Google Maps

This is yet another Bookry widget. It is used on the first actual page of the book. It is in the corner of the page as the google maps icon. The information is displayed in image format in the gallery above and the google maps view isn't all that interactive or interesting as it is an ocean and so zooming in doesn't accomplish much and there isn't any street view or anything. I didn't feel the need to dedicate an entire page to it or anything as there wasn't a lot to offer with the widget. I did definitely want to include it though because it adds to the themes of exploration I have had throughout. people can zoom in and see the neighbouring countries in more detail and the islands that are within the Pacific if they so desire.


It is a good edition to the iBook and I like it's humble and unassuming position and scale. Again if people explore the page they can use the widget to explore the ocean but it is not distracting or taking up too much real estate for what could easily become a gimmick. I think that I found the balance quite successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive