Wednesday 3 April 2013

Responsive Website - Clean Air Works!


This is the third site I found. I love the look and feel of this. There aren't really set columns. The whole site looks like a single column that was centred. I love the simplicity and graphic style of this website. The vector aspects really pop along with the really vibrant colours. I must say that I do feel as though I prefer The Boston Globe sites design a little more than this one however, they do both work. I think that combining vector elements, similar to the ones on show in this site, with the look ad feel of the Boston Globe site would be really successful and make the vector elements really pop against the background. 


This is the site at portrait tablet size. As you can see the sites structure doesn't shift too dramatically however, a few things do change. The main thing that changes is that the bottom navigation bar does pop up so it is not longer on a rollover. This is interesting as it is something I often feel I overlooked when thinking about design and structure. When on a touchscreen tablet like the iPad you loose the ability to have a rollover because there is no rollover state with your finger. This is something to remember that I need to not only shift the structure and size of the site I also need to take into account the various differences and limitations that come along with device shifts.


This is the site at portrait iPhone size. It goes absolutely single column and frames the content really nicely. This is similar to the Boston Globe site and reinforces in my mind the fact that I want my site to do the same at smaller sizes. I also really like what happens to the nab bar and maybe something to consider when I create my site. The only limitation with this is it takes up quite a lot of real-estate when coupled with the logo and title at the top. 

Overall I think that the graphical style and colour spectrum of this site coupled with the sophistication and structure of the Boston Globe site would combine to make a really successful and pleasant to use, engaging website and I am excited to begin trying to figure out how I can best make that a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive