Friday 22 February 2013

Class Crit

The class crit was where I showed my video to the class for them to evaluate. This is another invaluable tool. It allows the class to watch the entirety of my project and comment on the successes and failure. This peer review is a great exercise as it gives you a few days to really hone in on problems and aspects of your design you probably would have otherwise missed. You can quickly gain a myriad of different views and opinions and then use or discard them based on your own opinion. It is great to just polish an already finished project.

Overall the class really liked the video. They thought the composition, editing, colouring and cinematography was all really successful however, they had a few issues. The first was that there wasn't a strong enough tie in with the period that the speech was made. This is important because it is probably the main theme of the radio show we are supposed to be advertising. My tutor suggested adding stock footage or images. The second point was that some of the kinetic text isn't quite kinetic enough. They would have liked to have seen a little more movement and playfulness. 

Both of these points are very valid and something I really wanted to try and incorporate into the video. I was confused as to how though. On the kinetic text front, I really wanted to let the speech and the imagery do a lot of the talking and I thought having text whizzing around would be distracting and inappropriate. And with the time period point I didn't want to add in some really low quality footage as it would be such a leap from the sharp HD footage I had captured. I will describe how I overcame these issues in the next blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive