Thursday 8 November 2012

Crit for Poster No.2

This post is for all the points brought to light when I showed the class my second poster and my views on the validity of each and my decision on whether or not to use them for the final submission.

Suggestion #1 - The Earth's shadow:

Original:
Suggestion:

This suggestion was to change the shadow on the Earth to make it darker. The original was more of a cartoony style and a bit lighter than the shadowing in the original poster. I have changed it to more closely match the colouring of the shadows in the original and I think that I prefer it. I may have to experiment further before making my mind up indefinitely.

Suggestion #2 - Brighten up the bottom:

Original:
Suggestion:

The idea here was to make it look as though the page was bending up a little bit and catching the light. I had done this subtly however, it wasn't as drastic as in the original poster. I simply added a gradient from 100% transparent white to 75% transparent white. This gives it a more intense look and really draws attention to the bottom half of the page and worn feel to the design. I think that this really looks good and unique and I am going to keep this through to my final design.

I think that these two suggestions have improved my design a lot and made it mirror the original and the style of Russian propaganda in general a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive