Tuesday 16 October 2012

The Pitch


Yesterday I pitched my ideas for the designs I am going to carry forth into production. I found it to be really helpful. I showed everything from my research through to my design choices and development. After that I put in some of the mock ups I have created already. It really allowed my to expose my designs for what they were and obtain some feedback about what works and what doesn't.

Fortunately the feedback was positive. Everyone liked my ideas and mock ups and had only positive things to say. All the suggestions I got were valid and backed up with insightful comments and viewpoints. It has helped me to adjust my designs somewhat to improve them based on some comments. It also helped me further solidify the road I was traveling down and how my artwork is supposed to be received. It is an odd thing justifying your design choices. You cannot simply say "I did it 'cos I like it". You have to back that up with solid justification both aesthetically and psychologically. You need to ridicule every choice that you have made and really understand why that choice was the right one. If you can't find the answer, it probably isn't the right choice. This makes it an invaluable experience having to pitch all of your ideas and justify every choice. It really helps you to understand the brief and your designs more and really solidify the image of them in your head.

As I mentioned the pitch went down really well and people only had compliments for me which was really encouraging. The only suggestions I got were for the artwork I have only recently started which was good as it has really helped me focus in on where I want the design to go and which aspects i should include and avoid.

All in all the pitch was a really valuable and enjoyable experience and I feel as though my designs will be better because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive