Saturday 14 June 2014

Summary of the Final Second Year Project

I really enjoyed this project. It was I think the most challenging one we have had so far and I was put under a lot of stress and pressure with it but I am really happy with everything I put forward for it and I think it turned out better than I was expecting. 

Obviously the main thing that springs to mind for me is my computer troubles. That really threw about 20 spanners in the works for me but I am glad I was able to resolve the issue and power through it. If I had handed over all my responsibilities to others I think it would have been a bit of a let down for me. Like I said I am proud of everything I created for the show. I think it brought a professional edge to all the video assets and added another level of flair to the proceedings.

I enjoyed the enormity and challenge of the task itself to. Managing a show single handedly from start to finish is a huge undertaking for any group of people. The fact that a bunch of people who have done it for the first time were doing it is one thing. The fact that we are all students is something else entirely. And despite the complete lack of experience and expertise we managed to pull it off. There weren't any major disasters really and it went off without a hitch. In fact it may have gone as smoothly or even more smoothly than the years before with the faculty managing proceedings. I think that is a huge success for us and we should all be proud of that.

I feel like my inout to the show was important too. I felt as though I had a definite role to play throughout. I initially drove a lot of the creative design processes forward in terms of name generation and logo design. I was one of the only people actually suggesting ideas and critiquing them. I then also after delegating my role as head of branding stayed involved and tried to make everything as good as possible. I also was there to help with decision making and make sure everything was fair.

When things started to get heated and problems started to arise I felt as though I did well to try and quell the mood and put out fires. I stayed professional throughout and tried to control everything when people around me were loosing my heads and I am proud of myself for that.

I feel like I was one of the major players in the project and a lot of people came to me for advice and suggestions. I may not have been the front man and the main driving force but I was an integral cog and had quite a part to play. Although the video side came together late in the day I am very proud of it and felt like it was the icing on the cake for the whole of the show.

Once again. This project was enjoyable and I learnt a lot of lessons from it. I feel as though I have grown as a designer and as a person and am tentatively looking forward to next years show to give it another shot but this time with a years experience and last years show under my belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive