Wednesday 26 March 2014

Latest Sport

I have been assigned to create title sequences and inserts for the sports side of Latest TV, Latest Sport. This, at first, felt to me a strange task as I only really follow Rugby and don't really know much about any of the other sports mentioned. I felt as though I wouldn't be able to bring much to the table in terms of ideas. However, I then looked over the brief they supplied and realised that not only did I have more knowledge than I knew but the ideas and sequences weren't going to rely too heavily on sports knowledge or intricate detail. 

This is the brief I received:



(Email addresses blurred by me for placement on the internet)

I was lucky enough to meet my contacts on the day of receiving my brief as well as they happened to venture to Lewes that day as well. Most people were just given emails to contact but I got to actually meet with the guys I was going to be liaising with throughout the project. This was great because as you can see the various sequences in the brief there are ambitious to say the least. This project requires a pretty quick turnaround and to create assets to the standard and detail they were asking for there would take months and probably a team of people. I started to think and chat to them about other visual styles and ideas that would make it doable to a high standard within the time limit and one person. I'll address our discussions in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive