Friday 24 May 2013

Accessibility

Again as specified in the brief we need to ensure our sites are accessible to the public. This means specifying certain things that are in guidelines online and ensuring everything is written correctly and fully. I used AChecker to check my HTML pages:


It was pretty simple and quick to you use you just upload the document (similar to the W3C site I used earlier) and then it reads all your code and points out any errors. I had the same errors for every page fortunately and there was only one. I was quite lucky with that:

Passed certificate page:


This is what you get when your page passes the accessibility checks. Luckily al I had to add was a little bit of code into just above the head of the document that specified a language:


This I think just means that people computers and instantly know and understand the language instead of relying upon detection software. I thought it fairly redundant however, it is well worth including.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive