Friday 26 April 2013

Pitch Feedback


My pitch went well! Everyone seemed to like my designs and the direction I was going. The structure was good and the content interesting & appropriate. There wasn't a large amount of feedback or a vast spectrum of points to pick up on. That was the only issue. All the feedback I got was positive and said it was good which didn't give me much to ponder or address. Which is both a good thing and a bad thing. It is good as it let's me know that I am heading in a positive direction and the choices I have made so far make sense and look good however. I don't feel as though it was strong enough praise to mean that my design was perfect and flawless. It was merely good. This raised concerns for me.

Although on the face of it a "good" design is technically alright. It doesn't feel as though it excited or inspired. It merely functioned. This isn't good enough for me I feel. I wanted my design to stand out and be fun and exciting. I wasn't sure however, what aspect needed addressing. My classmates were equally puzzled. One classmate mentioned that he thought my design seemed a little sparse and plain. This is something that always sat at the back of my mind as a concern however, as I haven't begun to create my website or iBook it hasn't become obvious to me. 

Overall I think I need to have a fiddle with my designs and ideas until I have something I am truly happy with and one of the best and easiest ways I can see to do this is to create a mock up. This was something my lecturers tried to steer the class away from but I really feel as though it'll help me put everything in perspective and see the design as a whole. This will flag up concerns and aspects that need to be urgently addressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive