Sunday 24 February 2013

Summary of AF105

I really enjoyed this project. Video is one of my passions and one of my favourite things to do. I like creating an idea/storyline then thinking about how best to portray whats in your head visually. It is making thoughts, ideas and themes tangible in a way that is different to all other mediums of digital media. I also love the post production segments in After Effects. Colour grading and visual effects. This project gave me a great chance to put all of these ideas to use in a way I haven't really tried before.

What I will take forward:

This has been the first project where I was already familiar with the programs I was to be using, the process of creation and the content to be included within it. This made it strange and familiar although it was new. This also meant that I had already stretched my wings and cut my teeth on this subject and so there wasn't much new to learn and take away. I suppose the focus on researching the person who made the speech and the emotions and feelings that drove it and made it so powerful was a really engaging and fulfilling task and I think really helped to fuel my final video.

As I was already passionate about the programs and the project as a whole I think that made me much more keen to research everything I could so that the end project lived up to the ideas in my head. And I feel as though I am more proud of this piece of work because of that level of research. This makes me want to try to research future projects in as much detail so I can create something with this much fidelity and subtlety that I will feel truly proud of it and like I the project justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive